I love bruschetta, it is my favorite appetizer. I make it all the time for a snack as well. It’s really simple to make, here’s my recipe.
Yields 8 pieces
|8||roma tomatoes, chopped|
|2||cloves of garlic, minced|
|4||large basil leaves, chopped|
|2 tbsp.||balsamic vinegar|
|2 tbsp.||extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 tsp.||freshly ground pepper|
|1/2 cup||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1||baguette French bread or similar Italian bread|
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, olive oi and pepper.
- Cut the baguette into 8, 3/4 inch slices and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Coat one side of each slice of baguette with olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.