These are fairly easy to make and I bake a few batches every Christmas. Not too sure why I have related them to Christmas but you could make them anytime of the year. The pictures below show me making them on a small tray, but normally you will want to use a 9×13 inch baking pan.
You can also use half milk chocolate chips and half white chocolate if you would like to switch things up. That also tastes good.
|1 cup||brown sugar|
|1 package||milk chocolate chips|
|1 package (1/3 cup)||slivered almonds|
1. Preheat the over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Take a baking pan and line it with tinfoil. I used a paper that was one sided tin foil and one sided parchment. But tinfoil works just fine. You will want to lay your soda crackers down on the cookie sheet over the foil and then make walls by bending the tin foil up. This will help hold all the ingredients in.
3. Melt the butter on low in a saucepan and then add the brown sugar. Stir until the butter and sugar melt together and form a syrupy liquid. This usually takes 10-15 minutes.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over top of all the crackers that you placed on the baking pan. Then put it in the over for about 10 minutes.
5. Take the pan out, the crackers may have shifted, you can fix them with a fork. Pour the package of milk chocolate chips on top. Then place it back in the oven for about 2 minutes or so. Just enough to warm the chocolate up.
6. Take a spoon and smooth out all the chocolate chips so it creates a solid layer of chocolate.
7. To finish it off sprinkle the almonds on top. This will need to chill for awhile in the fridge, possibly overnight until the bar is solid. Once it is solid then break it up into pieces with your hands. Store in the fridge or freezer in sealed container otherwise they will melt.