Dry, flaky lips can make your lips appear aged. If you use a lip scrub your lips will become hydrated and the flakes will be rubbed away. I prefer to make my own lip scrubs instead of buying them at drugstores. Here is a simple lip scrub recipe using only two ingredients that everyone should have in their kitchen.
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine the two ingredients together until it forms a paste.
- Apply to lips in a circular motion and rinse with water.
- Seal your lips with a moisturizing lip balm.
- Store the left overs in a air tight container in your fridge for 3 weeks.
- Add a drop of vanilla extra for a vanilla flavor
- Add 3 drops of essential oil, such as peppermint oil.
- Substitute sweet almond oil or jojoba oil
- If you don’t have brown sugar on hand then use white sugar instead.
- Use a SPF lip balm for more protection.
What are you favorite homemade lip scrubs? Comment below and share!
If you prefer to buy a good lip scrub instead, then I recommend the Lush Mint Julip lip scrub.