If you love strawberries like me then you must be happy when summer comes around. Canadian strawberries are so delicious and rich in flavour. I find that the strawberries that come from the south, like California are so big, don’t have much flavour and taste tart.
Here are a few reasons why you should eat fresh strawberries this summer.
- They reduce the risk of degenerative disease
- They could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- 1 cup of strawberries have over 100% off our daily recommended allowance of vitamin C.
- Strawberries are high in potassium. High-potassium diets have been proven to reduce bone loss by preserving calcium stores and preventing the breakdown of bone that comes with age.
- They are high in antioxidants.
- They taste yummy and are so good for you!!
I like to cut my strawberries up and put a little bit of sugar on them. Or I like to make a strawberry banana smoothie with them. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?